Training for local governments and not-for-profits
We deliver practical workshops with topics including grant writing, project planning, project evaluation and community engagement planning
GRANT WRITING MASTERCLASS UPDATE: Registrations for our planned April Grant Writing Masterclass in Perth are now closed owing to the concerns around COVID-19. Thank you to those who registered and we’ll be in touch to arrange a refund. Please check out our range of training topics below, including online options.
Granting Writing Training, and more
Our team are pros when it comes to project planning and grant writing – in the last two years we’ve secured over $17 million in funding and contracts for clients. Engaging a consultant or professional grant writer is not cheap, so building your skills to prepare applications in-house can offer you a way to save money and win more grants.
Project Planning Masterclass
Before you think about commencing the grant writing process, it’s vital to have a robust project plan, providing a framework for delivering the project, along with a solid base of material to inform any grant applications you make.
Over the six hours, the session covers:
- The project design process
- Planning and undertaking community/stakeholder consultation
- Defining project deliverables
- Designing the implementation strategy
- Budgeting and developing a funding strategy
- Managing risk
Grant Writing Masterclass
This Grant Writing Masterclass combines theory and practical activities to boost your confidence when tackling grant writing and improve your chances of securing funding, along with effectively managing any funds you do secure.
Over six hours, the session covers:
- Intro to grant writing basics
- Being ‘grant ready’
- Grant writing skills
- Tips and tricks to give your application the edge
- Grant administration and acquittals
Project Evaluation 101
Delivering a project is one thing, understanding your impact is another. If you’re sick of surveys and quantitative data being the only tools in your bag, this workshop will help you rethink your approach to evaluation.
The two-hour workshop covers:
- What is project evaluation and why is it important?
- Key principles of evaluation
- Practical ideas for project evaluation methods
- Tools and resources to assist with project evaluation
- Reporting to funding bodies